Wednesday 8 December 2010

Wire tie


I have attempted to upload a picture of my wire tie on my wonky tooth. I have a moderately crowded arch on the bottom set of teeth, and my ortho made it clear from the start that she wasn't going to go down the extraction route. I have had a metal tie on the bottom tooth at the front (looks a bit blurry in the pic but you get the idea) to try and force it forward, I'd imagine. Its the second time in my 6 week adjustment I have this on my teeth. The only slightly amusing thing is that it shows my caffeine addiction on that tooth as there are coffee marks as the tooth moves!! I am *so* having my teeth whitened once the braces are off....

TBH I was dreading playing with extra metal in my mouth, but its not made much difference. I am playing quite well in the middle register at the moment, but the upper register is failing miserably still.... slightly *less* miserably than a few months ago though!!! At least the top 'A' and sometimes Bb is coming out 9 times out of 10. Can't wait for these things to come off my face and see the improvement in my playing. Its weird because my teeth moving have also affected slurring/tonguing etc as the space within my mouth has changed and so I've also had to adjust triple and double tonguing (yes, I can hear non-musicians sniggering at this!).

BTW - Bring on the areas after the 2nd at Leicester - well done City of Cambridge Brass Band! :D

No comments: