Thursday 1 July 2010

Food and ligs

I keep loosing the ligs on the bottom two brackets on either side of my mouth. Basically, if you bite into anything crunchy (like a piece of apple) then it can force the wire down between my back two brackets, and this 'pops' off the ligatures holding down the wire. This happened on Monday, and the wire can come out of the bracket at the end which holds the entire wire in place (the 'tube' bracket, as it is sometimes called).

I went back to the ortho on Tuesday to have the two ligs on the right side replaced and the wire returned to the 'tube' bracket at the back. The funny thing is I only started chewing on the right side after I had the infection in my wisdom tooth on the left side four weeks ago. So after having the right side done, I switched back to chewing on the left and now I have lost those ligs too!!!! Luckily the wire hasn't popped out the tube bracket, so if I am careful for the next four weeks I can keep it in place.

I had Tuesday morning off of work to go into the ortho to get the ligatures replaced (luckily it was my free morning as Year 12 were off and I had a free period) and there were two kids there in the uniform of my first school I taught in (Year 7s I think, so I didn't recognise them)!!! So glad the kids at my current school get sent to a different area for their orthodontic work!!!

No comments: