Monday 2 August 2010

Adjustment 3


Hurrah! I have got a thicker wire on the top, so hopefully I should start to see some real movement there again. My teeth ache a little, so it'll be interesting to see what happens at band tonight. Elvis spent all of the weekend watching a brass band competition in Welsh, so I thought I'd do some practise and it didn't go so well.

I'm so disheartened at the moment with banding. I'd feel better if someone at least said to me 'I know its hard, I know you're trying, and you've improved a lot since they were first put on. Stick with it!' No, apparently not.....

It's so hit and miss with pitching, and I have to be so careful and I am determined not to cause a callous on my lip from playing. Also (shhh!!) getting a bit fed up with the traveling up and down the country. I enjoy band, but after spending nearly four years now doing nearly an hours commute to band its starting to get me down, and my poor car is showing some real signs of excessive mileage (132,000 miles roughly on a 7 year old Fiesta). Now I've got quite a demanding job and trying to do the MA on top of it, I'm so much more exhausted in the evenings now so things have changed a lot since I first started doing roughly 40 miles to band. The only problem is because Elvis is playing in the same band, I feel bad if I stop playing, and I'm not even sure I really want to, if I'm completely honest? I just don't want an hours commute and a kings ransom in petrol.... plus I'm now paying subs on top of that.

No comments: