Tuesday 24 August 2010

New Mouthpiece?

I am losing a serious amount of air out the side of my face on the left side when I am playing. Where the (evil-hooked) bracket sits on the canine tooth it is preventing my lips from creating a seal with the heritage mouthpiece, and unfortunately as my teeth move, the problem is getting worse as the arch returns to its normal place.

I am going to try a mouthpiece with a wider rim to see if that helps. Probably wont help my high range, but as it is pretty much non-existent past top G I can't see that being a problem.... I can squeeze out about two top A's and then I die at the moment. It was getting better before the break, but the two weeks we had off killed me. I don't know what it is about home practise, but its not the same of two solid hours of band. Grrr, its like going back 10 years to when I started on Cornet!

Where did I put that damn Clarinet again....?! ;)

No comments: