Tuesday 11 May 2010

Braces on!!


Well, I went down to the orthodontist today for my three o'clock appointment. After two x-rays and a set of impressions they fitted the brace!! Scary!! It took about 20 minutes in total, I was home by 15.50pm. Feels a bit huge at the moment. I have ceramic braces which are bigger than metal ones. Luckily the bit I hated most of metal braces - those evil rings that are forced over your back teeth - are not used on a ceramic system so I was spared that hideousness again. The funny thing was because they are clear they were put on with coloured 'dots' on them (which brush off with the toothbrush) so they looked VERY strange when they were first put on.

Feels a bit scratchy but that is probably because I am a bit crazy and the first thing I did when I got home was try and get a note out of my Cornet! First attempt - middle C, D, E, F, G, A, B.... *splurt*. Eventually after adjusting my embouchure a few times I got up to 'E' on the fourth space up.

I can feel it rubbing in two places which is a bit concerning, but I will get some wax if its a real problem. I also dont seem to be able to chew which is ALSO a bit concerning?!

No comments: