Tuesday 18 May 2010

There is hope!!

Well, yesterday I attempted my second band rehearsal. I smothered the top of my brace with bright purple wax (Trust me.... an attractive look!) and off I went......

What can I say ...................... 2000% better!!! Last Wednesday I managed one hymn tune and a whole lot of horrible noise, this week I managed an entire rehearsal on front row!!!!! Had to finished 15 minutes before the end as I could start to feel it digging in and I didn't want to push it too much, but all in all a much better experience.

So, my main aims are to
  • develop my ability to play quietly
  • develop my range back up to B above the stave
  • develop my stamina
Still can't quite manage that elusive top A though.
I am already looking forward to May 11th 2012 - I am going to have a curry and a bottle of red wine! They all banned because of the ties that go around the ceramic brackets will stain and then my braces will be much more noticeable.

No comments: