Friday 14 May 2010

D... E.... F .... G... A.... B.... C.... D

I am having to wear my comfort covers basically all the time on my bottom set of teeth during the evening. Last night I ordered some 'braceeze' online and a lot of wax because of the pain. I had really heavy KS3 teaching day yesterday which involved a lot of singing and talking, and by the end of it I was in so much pain I had to cancel the school band and just go home. I am determined THAT will never happen again. Basically, the two brackets which sit on your canines have little 'hooks' on them. I tell you - these hooks are the spawn of Satan! The rest of the brackets are fine, but these hooks are digging in like crazy and have resulted in an ulcer the size of a penny on the bottom right-hand side of my mouth by my tooth.

I gave myself last night off of the cornet. Pulled it out tonight and I've mostly been practising easy scales - C major, D major, E major, Bb major- over and over again until i get used to pitching again. I figure my technique is still here - its just hidden behind a mess of ceramic and metal wires at the moment. So its not all terrible, but it's certainly not great. *sigh*

Onwards and upwards .... slowly and painfully.

On the plus side - the kids at school have been amazing, and hardly anyone has really noticed I have braces (especially teaching staff - had to point them out to the people I work with!!!). A few of them were puzzled about why I actually NEEDED them in the first place, so maybe the overbite was really all in my head ;)

No comments: